9. Koji production
Koji production is the process of making koji.
First, the steamed rice is spread over a board to which the koji starter is added. Then the rice is kneaded and wrapped in cloth to keep it warm. The rice sits for 18 hours or so before it is divided and piled onto wooden trays and mixed by hand several times so that the koji grows evenly.
The quality of the koji greatly affects the quality of the shochu. It takes around two days to create proper koji.
dekoji(the finished koji)
3. Is Kuma Shochu Japan's oldest brand of Shochu?
4. Shochu - loved by the samurai and working class alike
6. To Japan and the rest of the world
7. The traditional method of producing shochu
8. Washing and steaming the rice
10. Producing the primary mash
11. Producing the secondary mash